I had written about my heavy heart and how you
Had become such a big part.
So with these thoughts going thru my head
I will lay my fears to rest.
There is so much beauty on this site, that it
Fills my heart with strength and might.
There are so many of us going thru aches and pains
That to abandon you would be a crying shame.
There is so much hope in the words of all poets
And insights never seen or touched before
Because we are the ones who open the doors.
There are times that we want our poetry to
Find us fortune and fame, but we know that
Our lives will not be the same.
We will no longer write from the heart or be able
To shed a tear and to wipe away others fears
I found that my search for truth lies within, and if we
Don’t pursue it; it will be a crying sin.
HOPE, LOVE, FAITH
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Myself by louis rams )
- 3, Smoky Hoss
- Soul Holes, Smoky Hoss
- Magic of Indian Democracy, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ...and am loving it, Manonton Dalan
- There is yet Hope, Smoky Hoss
- Beauty And The Beholder, hugh everard
- Black Rose, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Joyful Is Life With Colours, Rohit Sapra
- Ferguson and Law Enforcement, Is It Poetry
- आज फिर तेरी याद आई हैं, Kahil Mehar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns