I had written about my heavy heart and how you
Had become such a big part.
So with these thoughts going thru my head
I will lay my fears to rest.
There is so much beauty on this site, that it
Fills my heart with strength and might.
There are so many of us going thru aches and pains
That to abandon you would be a crying shame.
There is so much hope in the words of all poets
And insights never seen or touched before
Because we are the ones who open the doors.
There are times that we want our poetry to
Find us fortune and fame, but we know that
Our lives will not be the same.
We will no longer write from the heart or be able
To shed a tear and to wipe away others fears
I found that my search for truth lies within, and if we
Don’t pursue it; it will be a crying sin.
HOPE, LOVE, FAITH
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Myself by louis rams )
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)