I had written about my heavy heart and how you
Had become such a big part.
So with these thoughts going thru my head
I will lay my fears to rest.
There is so much beauty on this site, that it
Fills my heart with strength and might.
There are so many of us going thru aches and pains
That to abandon you would be a crying shame.
There is so much hope in the words of all poets
And insights never seen or touched before
Because we are the ones who open the doors.
There are times that we want our poetry to
Find us fortune and fame, but we know that
Our lives will not be the same.
We will no longer write from the heart or be able
To shed a tear and to wipe away others fears
I found that my search for truth lies within, and if we
Don’t pursue it; it will be a crying sin.
HOPE, LOVE, FAITH
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Myself by louis rams )
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)