Despair was my companion in those days, pain was my friend, confoundment was my mate in those times before i found myself, so liberal was his soul, so careless was his gait, so thoughtless was his mime he took all just as it came.
Not a worry in the world, not a care in his eyes just a vehement approval of all that plod his path.
So much i thought of him, for him nothing was worth the thought, with his smile fitted ever so tightly around his broad face in a grin.
So many things i learnt, so many words he said and in those days i would wait just to have him at my side, with his words in my heart, his freedom as mine, i set aside to conquer the world with a whole new pulse.
Finding him was hard, waiting on his liberal soul was quite a daunting task but now his soul is mine, i stand sturdy in the tide.
Olasanoye Charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Freeman by Olasanoye Charles )
- Flow with time, hasmukh amathalal
- five hundred and whatever..., Mandolyn ...
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley