Despair was my companion in those days, pain was my friend, confoundment was my mate in those times before i found myself, so liberal was his soul, so careless was his gait, so thoughtless was his mime he took all just as it came.
Not a worry in the world, not a care in his eyes just a vehement approval of all that plod his path.
So much i thought of him, for him nothing was worth the thought, with his smile fitted ever so tightly around his broad face in a grin.
So many things i learnt, so many words he said and in those days i would wait just to have him at my side, with his words in my heart, his freedom as mine, i set aside to conquer the world with a whole new pulse.
Finding him was hard, waiting on his liberal soul was quite a daunting task but now his soul is mine, i stand sturdy in the tide.
Olasanoye Charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Freeman by Olasanoye Charles )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri