Gun shots ringing, blood splattering
Debris and rubble falling from the skies
Hiding in trenches mud to my knees
My life flashing before my eyes.
Have I truly lived life the way I wanted
Or have I been so blind?
I have experienced all that I can?
Am I willing to part with what’s behind?
I wanted to have my whole life change
Begin as a boy, come back a man
Sign up and join the war, become a hero
That was my initial plan.
Yet as watch men like me fall and die
My body trembling by the sight
Deep down I feel this sudden fear grow
A horrid sensation of fright.
At eighteen I fast forwarded life to be a man
Abandoned my youthful days
Losing all chances to experience life
My innocence now no longer stays.
But now I must keep an adult mind
That is the only way
So that I can return to my youthful life
That is only if I see another day.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Soliloquy by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak