Gun shots ringing, blood splattering
Debris and rubble falling from the skies
Hiding in trenches mud to my knees
My life flashing before my eyes.
Have I truly lived life the way I wanted
Or have I been so blind?
I have experienced all that I can?
Am I willing to part with what’s behind?
I wanted to have my whole life change
Begin as a boy, come back a man
Sign up and join the war, become a hero
That was my initial plan.
Yet as watch men like me fall and die
My body trembling by the sight
Deep down I feel this sudden fear grow
A horrid sensation of fright.
At eighteen I fast forwarded life to be a man
Abandoned my youthful days
Losing all chances to experience life
My innocence now no longer stays.
But now I must keep an adult mind
That is the only way
So that I can return to my youthful life
That is only if I see another day.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Soliloquy by Genevieve Pilat )
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)