*******************Fight For Right***********9/9/79
as sure as there is a rising sun
and a descending night.
some day little black children and
little white children will no longer fight.
the irish and the british will
someday see eye to eye
for it is irelands dream
and they must continue to try and try.
dreams are made by small men and women
with a perserverance that won't give up
and if their dreams were to shatter
someone else will pick up the slack.
a man once said 'he dreamt of a machine that
would one day fly'
well! that dream has come true
but he's not around to try.
so don't even give up on your dreams
for a lot of them become realities.
we may not get the things we want
and we may struggle all our lives
and even if we do fail
our children will contain the light.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*******************Fight For Right***********9/9/79 by louis rams )
- That night mother had no egg, Mark Heathcote
- Under my microscope's scrutiny تحت تمحيص.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Misunderstanding of Christmas., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Nothing Wrong., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Walk Not Alone, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Heaven Be You, Nicholas Nikolov
- Today somewhere, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The nasty people الهبابير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The not so cold wind blows, Bill Cantrell
- The Swing Door., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns