Very few wishes I was expecting
May be of few words that I longed to hear today.
May be the flowers bloomed were less today
May be the sunrays didn’t hug me today.
May be the warmth breeze forgot to kiss me today.
May be the sweetest breeze,
didn’t carry the words of fragrance nor do any warmth of love.
After all the wishes are just made of few words.
But if the love and fragrance
doesn’t exists in those wishes
the wishes doesn't carry any sense.
When path is blocked with memories
those memories I have to unblock it
As they stood in my path
obstructing the clear view
to move forward.
Coolly and slowly
Every wishes will be faded
One day to become a few memories.
I am slowly setting my mind to freeze.
Moving a head!
Forget the wishes
Forget the memories
Those were just blocking me.
They were just the blockages in my heart.
Today is just reminding me, to think of only tomorrow!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Few Wishes! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)