FEW CANADIANS VOTE... SEP 23RD,2013
Less than half Canadians vote and few see a problem here,
No compulsory voting because this issue will disappear,
Because our politicians have been told where they can go,
By our Supreme Court and this is the nailed down status quo.
When they tried to close down the Insite Vancouver drug clinic,
No voter can think about this or even be a cynic,
You can’t question the Constitution and it can’t be changed,
It’s not correct to think that the system might be deranged.
We are in the process of doing it to ourselves right now,
How much control of incoming refugees are we allowed?
So politically correct Canadians don’t vote at all,
Appointed politicians can’t read the writing on the wall.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (FEW CANADIANS VOTE... SEP 23RD,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- When Destiny Called Out, Danusha Marie
- Bruised My Soul, Lilly Emery
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass