FEW CANADIANS VOTE... SEP 23RD,2013
Less than half Canadians vote and few see a problem here,
No compulsory voting because this issue will disappear,
Because our politicians have been told where they can go,
By our Supreme Court and this is the nailed down status quo.
When they tried to close down the Insite Vancouver drug clinic,
No voter can think about this or even be a cynic,
You can’t question the Constitution and it can’t be changed,
It’s not correct to think that the system might be deranged.
We are in the process of doing it to ourselves right now,
How much control of incoming refugees are we allowed?
So politically correct Canadians don’t vote at all,
Appointed politicians can’t read the writing on the wall.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (FEW CANADIANS VOTE... SEP 23RD,2013 by James Bredin )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh