James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
FEW CANADIANS VOTE... SEP 23RD,2013
Less than half Canadians vote and few see a problem here,
No compulsory voting because this issue will disappear,
Because our politicians have been told where they can go,
By our Supreme Court and this is the nailed down status quo.
When they tried to close down the Insite Vancouver drug clinic,
No voter can think about this or even be a cynic,
You can’t question the Constitution and it can’t be changed,
It’s not correct to think that the system might be deranged.
We are in the process of doing it to ourselves right now,
How much control of incoming refugees are we allowed?
So politically correct Canadians don’t vote at all,
Appointed politicians can’t read the writing on the wall.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem