Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Felt like a hero!
An innocent young boy
Seventeen years old guy!
Went to the medical college
Stayed in the gents’ hostel!
An adolescent boy once
Under parents supervision!
Now he is free with his friends
Under the control of the wardens!
He was a disciplined boy
Had the opportunity to smoke!
A free cigarette offered in the
Month end dinner in the mess!
He picked up gradually,
Weekly one cigarette joyfully!
Smoked Four to five cigarettes
While travel in West coast express!
From Mangalore to Podanur
Podanur to Mangalore back!
In sitting accommodation
In sleeper compartment!
Proudly smoking in the presence
Of seniors and elders of course!
Unaware of the consequences
Continued smoking till forty years!
He developed one day
Fogging of the eyes off!
While taking every smoke puff
Ignored the warning!
Had the angina pain worrying,
Angiogram test result was alarming!
Underwent CABG, after creating worry,
Coronary artery by-pass graft surgery!
Why take risk young fellows?
Prevention is better than cure!
Don’t start smoking for fun,
End in bad heart health in vain!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.