What I look like is more important than what I do
If I were to get raped would it be my fault too?
so I can't object to being a sex object
no I won't tolerate the blatant disrespect
if i were to speak up for myself, I make too much noise
if i didn't, i'm considered typical and weak by choice
Am I not to have love for myself as if it's unnatural
is the problem you can't handle a persona thats feral?
and if i were to get married, it won't be a trap
and them lies you've carried, don't get slapped
I believe in being independent and free of confines
why should the life I've chosen to live, be a crime?
is it because I've chosen to not take a backseat?
with or without someone to love, I'm still complete
I have the power to run my own show
I have value, I have worth, and i know
anyone who opposes me
have the green light to go
Marcquiese Burrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feisty by Marcquiese Burrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...