Feeling The Words
Feelings cannot be expressed,
In the same way they are felt.
What words could describe the emotions best,
That can cause a heart to melt?
How can the dictionary provide,
A lexicon for the senses?
The ebb and flow of a life force's tides,
That will overcome all defences.
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feeling The Words by Tom Higgins )
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA