I am not fazed by your fawning
or your doe eyes
though I admire your tactics
that I already know.
I just might like it
when you patronize me
you can be so charming
when you do so;
like I've broke into a royal castle
and I'm free to go.
I think I have met my match;
(I'll never let you know) .
What is to be hidden behind
your cryptic eyes
when I tell you
I'll be holding up my façade
until your sarcastic ammunition
shatters it to debris.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fawning by B.B. Loring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul
- hair poem, lee fones
- Midnight, binod bastola
- you hush your heart to keep me down, Mandolyn Davidson