Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people!
To go and see the funny orgy
While going as uninvited guest, nay! 1
A person, who is incapable to sing pleasantly,
Trying to sing and play in the audience eagerly!
To say undeserving, offending words in society
Even while he is not under the influence of toddy! 2
To go frequently and stay under the shelter
Of a person who is not confident of you for ever! 3
Are the three faulty activities that lead
To the suffering of the people around him!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people! 'is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'.
The first line of the poem has two interpretations.
விளியாதான் கூத்தாட்டுக் காண்டலும் வீழக்
களியாதான் காவா துரையுந் - தெளியாதான்
கூரையுள் பல்காலும் சேறலும் இம்மூன்றும்
ஊரெல்லாம் நோவ துடைத்து. திரிகடுகம் 11
Comments about this poem (Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- I No Longer Care About Your Police Record!, Monk E. Biz
- Summer Song, Kawa Karpo
- Too Large To Thank God, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra