Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people!
To go and see the funny orgy
While going as uninvited guest, nay! 1
A person, who is incapable to sing pleasantly,
Trying to sing and play in the audience eagerly!
To say undeserving, offending words in society
Even while he is not under the influence of toddy! 2
To go frequently and stay under the shelter
Of a person who is not confident of you for ever! 3
Are the three faulty activities that lead
To the suffering of the people around him!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people! 'is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'.
The first line of the poem has two interpretations.
விளியாதான் கூத்தாட்டுக் காண்டலும் வீழக்
களியாதான் காவா துரையுந் - தெளியாதான்
கூரையுள் பல்காலும் சேறலும் இம்மூன்றும்
ஊரெல்லாம் நோவ துடைத்து. திரிகடுகம் 11
Comments about this poem (Faulty activities lead to the suffering of the people! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr