Theodora (Theo) Onken
Beaches covered with sands of time--
Coast lines edges in scalloped design-
Lighthouse beams shine at whats left behind...
While the seas ebb and flow leave nothing to find;
Just ragged soaked memory echos--
In the shells i put to my ears...
Just oysters minus the pearls of wisdom...
My body 'tis drenched from crying my tears;
With no comforting harbor even in view...
With no loving lagoon harboring youl...
With no alibaster sands-all brand new--
Even with our love once deep as the blue;
Yes, the beaches are covered in sands of time--
Much like an hour-glasss but with a chime--
Ringing the bells for the season of the reason to rhyme...
For loosing you 'tis a fathomless crime;
On to distant and greener shores you are?
And i will never understand the reason- or the why...
Sitting here in the sandy granules of an empty beach--
Remembering you-i again begin to cry;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Fathomless))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale