Theodora (Theo) Onken
Beaches covered with sands of time--
Coast lines edges in scalloped design-
Lighthouse beams shine at whats left behind...
While the seas ebb and flow leave nothing to find;
Just ragged soaked memory echos--
In the shells i put to my ears...
Just oysters minus the pearls of wisdom...
My body 'tis drenched from crying my tears;
With no comforting harbor even in view...
With no loving lagoon harboring youl...
With no alibaster sands-all brand new--
Even with our love once deep as the blue;
Yes, the beaches are covered in sands of time--
Much like an hour-glasss but with a chime--
Ringing the bells for the season of the reason to rhyme...
For loosing you 'tis a fathomless crime;
On to distant and greener shores you are?
And i will never understand the reason- or the why...
Sitting here in the sandy granules of an empty beach--
Remembering you-i again begin to cry;
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Fathomless))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE