The Silent Sword
I do not care much for fathers.
I have had none of my own.
With them I do not bother,
To me, they are unknown.
Yet I believe I will be a great dad.
I will learn from their mistakes,
I'll give my children what I never had.
I'll do it for their sakes.
I would be a part of their lives.
I would refuse to leave their side.
I would make sure they thrive.
That I would achieve with pride.
I will teach them right from wrong,
As they grow into adults.
I will teach them to be strong,
As my efforts show results.
'How does it feel to have a father's love? '
They wouldn't know how to explain.
I don't know what I've been deprived of.
I know, though, it's something I won't gain.
Not that it really matters.
I live a good life.
It isn't bad, not shattered.
There is little strife.
Why do I dwell on this, it is far from near,
I won't be a father for many, many years.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fatherless by The Silent Sword )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Farewell Summer., richard harris
- SHARING GOD'S GIFTS, Tom Zart
- So Hard, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre