What is father's day truly about?
I'm asking cause that's something I went without
I know it's a celebration for everything the father has done.
It's not for the ones who chose to run.
This is for the father's who stuck in there through the good times and bad
Implementing rules so their kids can get more than what they had.
These are the ones who should get most of the praise
and see the good job at the children you raised.
Not every child has the privilege to have their father around
But most have turn out good without letting anyone down.
Children with fathers are no better than the ones without
Because chances are they have more to doubt.
Guys need fathers to teach them how to become a man
So when they become one they'll become the best one they possibly can
Girls need fathers to teach them about boys and how they act.
So if they get crazy she'll know there's one guy who will always have her back.
This poem is for all you dedicated fathers out there
Thanks for showing your children that you care.
You made a choice, and I'm glad you decided to stay
So just for that, Happy Father's Day.
Cece Chisolm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day by Cece Chisolm )
- 경산(경산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《경산(경산) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미(구미) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘구미 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿구미 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 구미 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- The Art of Living, Bijay Kant Dubey
- 구미(구미) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《구미(구미) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 대구(대구) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘대구 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)