What is father's day truly about?
I'm asking cause that's something I went without
I know it's a celebration for everything the father has done.
It's not for the ones who chose to run.
This is for the father's who stuck in there through the good times and bad
Implementing rules so their kids can get more than what they had.
These are the ones who should get most of the praise
and see the good job at the children you raised.
Not every child has the privilege to have their father around
But most have turn out good without letting anyone down.
Children with fathers are no better than the ones without
Because chances are they have more to doubt.
Guys need fathers to teach them how to become a man
So when they become one they'll become the best one they possibly can
Girls need fathers to teach them about boys and how they act.
So if they get crazy she'll know there's one guy who will always have her back.
This poem is for all you dedicated fathers out there
Thanks for showing your children that you care.
You made a choice, and I'm glad you decided to stay
So just for that, Happy Father's Day.
Cece Chisolm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day by Cece Chisolm )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Save Them, BARBARA ALVARADO
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal
- Dread, Leong Ming Loong
- Stars, 1000 Miles
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands