What is father's day truly about?
I'm asking cause that's something I went without
I know it's a celebration for everything the father has done.
It's not for the ones who chose to run.
This is for the father's who stuck in there through the good times and bad
Implementing rules so their kids can get more than what they had.
These are the ones who should get most of the praise
and see the good job at the children you raised.
Not every child has the privilege to have their father around
But most have turn out good without letting anyone down.
Children with fathers are no better than the ones without
Because chances are they have more to doubt.
Guys need fathers to teach them how to become a man
So when they become one they'll become the best one they possibly can
Girls need fathers to teach them about boys and how they act.
So if they get crazy she'll know there's one guy who will always have her back.
This poem is for all you dedicated fathers out there
Thanks for showing your children that you care.
You made a choice, and I'm glad you decided to stay
So just for that, Happy Father's Day.
Cece Chisolm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day by Cece Chisolm )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?, Ray Lucero
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa