See those resplendent creatures, as they glide
O'er scarlet carpet, between footmen tall,
From sumptuous carriage to effulgent hall -
A dazzling vision in their pomp and pride!
See that choice supper - needless - cast aside -
Though worth a thousand fortunes, counting all,
To them for whom no crumb of it will fall -
The starved and homeless in the street outside.
Some day the little great god will decree
That overmuch connotes the underbred,
That pampered body means an empty head,
And wealth displayed the last vulgarity.
When selfish greed becomes a social sin
The world's regeneration may begin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fashion by Ada Cambridge )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unsatisfaction, The Moonlighter
- een onmogelijk toekomst, co the skipper
- Hey, Mister Sadducee!, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Feast, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Teeth, Phil Soar
- Life Withers Away..., sayantani choudhury
- Lynx, Phil Soar