See those resplendent creatures, as they glide
O'er scarlet carpet, between footmen tall,
From sumptuous carriage to effulgent hall -
A dazzling vision in their pomp and pride!
See that choice supper - needless - cast aside -
Though worth a thousand fortunes, counting all,
To them for whom no crumb of it will fall -
The starved and homeless in the street outside.
Some day the little great god will decree
That overmuch connotes the underbred,
That pampered body means an empty head,
And wealth displayed the last vulgarity.
When selfish greed becomes a social sin
The world's regeneration may begin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fashion by Ada Cambridge )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison