Gentle Joe, always smart,
polite in manner and chat,
a fighter to the bitter end,
a family man and a friend.
You lived your life to the full,
weathering the storm of time,
basking in the lull of the storm;
life was never boring or dull.
Dancing beguiled you with its allure,
your steps graced many a dance floor,
keeping you fit, youthful and very alert,
you had to give it up with much regret.
The Lord granted you plentiful years,
and now grants a new life of ease,
under the shade of the Tree of Peace,
beside the babbling brook of repose.
Time will soften the harshness of your absence,
memory will recall the sweetness of your presence,
and the bitterness of this day will depart;
for you will always live in our heart.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell Joe by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui