Gentle Joe, always smart,
polite in manner and chat,
a fighter to the bitter end,
a family man and a friend.
You lived your life to the full,
weathering the storm of time,
basking in the lull of the storm;
life was never boring or dull.
Dancing beguiled you with its allure,
your steps graced many a dance floor,
keeping you fit, youthful and very alert,
you had to give it up with much regret.
The Lord granted you plentiful years,
and now grants a new life of ease,
under the shade of the Tree of Peace,
beside the babbling brook of repose.
Time will soften the harshness of your absence,
memory will recall the sweetness of your presence,
and the bitterness of this day will depart;
for you will always live in our heart.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell Joe by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer
- Geweldsparabel, Madrason writer
- To Be Kind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beproeving, Madrason writer
- Dream, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muurspiegelingen, Madrason writer
- Choosing The Ring, Edward Kofi Louis