'Fan The Flame'
Twenty-five years of marital bliss,
Almost all of it good times, great times
Oh, but we've had our ups and downs,
A couple of times was hit or miss-
Dark clouds moved in, and smiles turned to frowns.
But better days were ahead-
Our vows saw us through,
What was ment, was said.
Now, after more mellow years,
Mostly laughter, not tears.
My face lights up when I say
Victoria, our passion's Hot-
Fan the Flame!
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Fan The Flame' by Kelly Seale )
- To be not jealous…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Crime, Neela Nath
- A Childhood Game, Heather Burns
- Promise, Chandan Ray
- Why does the old one suffer?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Hymn of Mercy - 17, ramesh rai
- Each Drop of Anger, a Bread Crumb to Hea.., Mr. Nobody
- फुं सोरां बिलियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Daughter of the Earth - 42, gajanan mishra
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)