RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Listening to talk in the room, feeling pain of lucid
thinking, as people create false sensations of trust
with one another.
Fickle words tearing apart human beings with forked
tongues and twisted minds.
Smirching characters, belittling others to expand
their own egos.
Then causing hurt feelings, all the while ignoring
and pretending they haven't said anything wrong.
Isn't it a wonder how these self-same people are
failures in tending their own lives?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (False Trust by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Riot! !, Kewayne Wadley
- I Adore You, Michael P. McParland
- Whispers from Shadow, Adeosun Olamide
- Narcotic 1/26, Kewayne Wadley
- Dark And Deep, Is It Poetry
- A Friend Once Met...., Abekah Emmanuel
- I Hold To Hope, Michael P. McParland
- If only I could touch the hem of His gar.., Royston Allen
- World Cup, Donal Mahoney
- On Letters and Words, Vincent Barrowcliffe