Contemplate in mournful silence a hero’s dream of lust and violence
Or an angel falling from the sky just to watch all goodness die.
Folly’s thought was to fight. Evil defied my crumbling might.
A victory for the menacing fiend who could not laugh and intervened.
So I close my eyes to open my hands and avoid the sight I cannot stand
Shades of yellow block the view. To sheets of green, he’s pointing you.
Where ghosts of idols lie in wait and jealous whispers feed on hate.
The haunting presence of a fissure cracking wide between two shapes of different size
Beckons thoughts of origin, and angels near shout out my sin.
The calling echoes through my mind, the fear of who will come and what they’ll find.
Pursue the dream of an honest fool who doesn’t think of breaking rules
Instead he stumbles onto crime; efforts to change him waste your time
Habitual actions that are bred in times of struggle only spread.
Malicious deeds of a hand once pure seek to kill the only cure.
It lies in every human heart, a will that’s free and sets a few apart.
Nick Kasparie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling Heroes by Nick Kasparie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Just Do Not Know, John Ugolo Umah
- Are you looking, gajanan mishra
- Not worth as human, hasmukh amathalal
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy