Can the sun still rise, above your swallowing lies that have me buried
Ten/twelve feet below the earth..
And you sing of merriment, how great it is to be Free? ?
How is it that I was supposed to love you?
Did you come with a manual that I have carelessly tossed to the side,
And jumped into your thighs with no sense in my mind…
Did your love expire? Go sour? And curdy? I never smelt it-you know-
You always were such a saint to me.
How is it that I lost, a game you promised youd let me win in?
Have you trap doors, hidden passagways? where other men have trespassed through?
Its cold beneath the surface of earth, I did not think it that way…
I thought you would have been here too. Perhaps to keep me warm?
Do the stars still remind you of my eyes? Or were those all lies too-Your words?
Down here I cannot see the stars, I cannot see the sun, I cannot breathe your air or taste your lips-
But know someone is doing so.
Topic of this poem: love and pain
Afrodita Alkline's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (falling dead by Afrodita Alkline )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mirage, The Princess is
- Mysterious world I am poor human, Elius Rubby