Can the sun still rise, above your swallowing lies that have me buried
Ten/twelve feet below the earth..
And you sing of merriment, how great it is to be Free? ?
How is it that I was supposed to love you?
Did you come with a manual that I have carelessly tossed to the side,
And jumped into your thighs with no sense in my mind…
Did your love expire? Go sour? And curdy? I never smelt it-you know-
You always were such a saint to me.
How is it that I lost, a game you promised youd let me win in?
Have you trap doors, hidden passagways? where other men have trespassed through?
Its cold beneath the surface of earth, I did not think it that way…
I thought you would have been here too. Perhaps to keep me warm?
Do the stars still remind you of my eyes? Or were those all lies too-Your words?
Down here I cannot see the stars, I cannot see the sun, I cannot breathe your air or taste your lips-
But know someone is doing so.
Afrodita Alkline's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (falling dead by Afrodita Alkline )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman
- The Flow of Destiny, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude to parents, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A pauper died., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- In The Waking of Deaths Ceremonial Tradi.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR