Fallen Angel's Song
I once had wings to fly
but now on the cold black ground I do cry
no comfort, no joy
feels like I'm the Devil's new toy
why did I believe his lies? Let him convince me to turn my back to my Father
O Dear Creator hear my plea, please hear my holler!
I am so very sorry
please won't you forgive me?
look at me crying here
how I long for you to be near
O Father can't you hear me?
how I am so sorry?
I know you'll never let me come back home
but Father please show me you haven't left me all alone
Father, oh Creator do you still care?
though I am here and you are there?
Father do you hate me?
O I have failed you, give me my deserved misery
Father I hope one day
that you might look my way
at your fallen angel here
hoping against the knowledge that it will never be that my way you should peer
O Father please forgive me
Carla Kitts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen Angel's Song by Carla Kitts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi
- NATURE OF CLOUDS, alexander opicho
- You are, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken