Fallen Angel's Song
I once had wings to fly
but now on the cold black ground I do cry
no comfort, no joy
feels like I'm the Devil's new toy
why did I believe his lies? Let him convince me to turn my back to my Father
O Dear Creator hear my plea, please hear my holler!
I am so very sorry
please won't you forgive me?
look at me crying here
how I long for you to be near
O Father can't you hear me?
how I am so sorry?
I know you'll never let me come back home
but Father please show me you haven't left me all alone
Father, oh Creator do you still care?
though I am here and you are there?
Father do you hate me?
O I have failed you, give me my deserved misery
Father I hope one day
that you might look my way
at your fallen angel here
hoping against the knowledge that it will never be that my way you should peer
O Father please forgive me
Carla Kitts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen Angel's Song by Carla Kitts )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak