Fallen Angel's Song
I once had wings to fly
but now on the cold black ground I do cry
no comfort, no joy
feels like I'm the Devil's new toy
why did I believe his lies? Let him convince me to turn my back to my Father
O Dear Creator hear my plea, please hear my holler!
I am so very sorry
please won't you forgive me?
look at me crying here
how I long for you to be near
O Father can't you hear me?
how I am so sorry?
I know you'll never let me come back home
but Father please show me you haven't left me all alone
Father, oh Creator do you still care?
though I am here and you are there?
Father do you hate me?
O I have failed you, give me my deserved misery
Father I hope one day
that you might look my way
at your fallen angel here
hoping against the knowledge that it will never be that my way you should peer
O Father please forgive me
Carla Kitts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen Angel's Song by Carla Kitts )
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Love Is Not My Trade, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)