Ace Of Black Hearts
Failing To Sell Myself (Revised)
Is that how you feel.
Like poison the words adsorbed right through the skin.
A constant pain that will never go away.
No matter what you say.
I live a life of suffering.
I live a life of wondering.
Forever in question.
I need some of that anti rejection drug.
Such a ghost like complexion.
Such a nasty infection.
Playing a game with body parts that don't feel like there even yours.
It's a very dark world with a sick sense of justice.
In the end everybody pays.
So let me ask when it due do you got it?
Of course not were so ill prepared like always.
Counting down to the very last moment.
This time I failed, last time I failed.
I failed cause i was never even given a chance.
So let me have this last dance.
Cause after this I got to go.
Just to put another show.
For one right after another.
Trying to sell myself any way I can.
I got plenty of fans but no real friends.
A lot do like he does.
Look they are mocking me again.
Should I defend the true meaning.
Instead of worrying where my next pay check comes from.
The question pride versus a way of life, a way of life.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failing To Sell Myself (Revised) by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)