Ace Of Black Hearts
Failing To Sell Myself (Revised)
Is that how you feel.
Like poison the words adsorbed right through the skin.
A constant pain that will never go away.
No matter what you say.
I live a life of suffering.
I live a life of wondering.
Forever in question.
I need some of that anti rejection drug.
Such a ghost like complexion.
Such a nasty infection.
Playing a game with body parts that don't feel like there even yours.
It's a very dark world with a sick sense of justice.
In the end everybody pays.
So let me ask when it due do you got it?
Of course not were so ill prepared like always.
Counting down to the very last moment.
This time I failed, last time I failed.
I failed cause i was never even given a chance.
So let me have this last dance.
Cause after this I got to go.
Just to put another show.
For one right after another.
Trying to sell myself any way I can.
I got plenty of fans but no real friends.
A lot do like he does.
Look they are mocking me again.
Should I defend the true meaning.
Instead of worrying where my next pay check comes from.
The question pride versus a way of life, a way of life.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failing To Sell Myself (Revised) by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)