Ace Of Black Hearts
Failing To Sell Myself (Revised)
Is that how you feel.
Like poison the words adsorbed right through the skin.
A constant pain that will never go away.
No matter what you say.
I live a life of suffering.
I live a life of wondering.
Forever in question.
I need some of that anti rejection drug.
Such a ghost like complexion.
Such a nasty infection.
Playing a game with body parts that don't feel like there even yours.
It's a very dark world with a sick sense of justice.
In the end everybody pays.
So let me ask when it due do you got it?
Of course not were so ill prepared like always.
Counting down to the very last moment.
This time I failed, last time I failed.
I failed cause i was never even given a chance.
So let me have this last dance.
Cause after this I got to go.
Just to put another show.
For one right after another.
Trying to sell myself any way I can.
I got plenty of fans but no real friends.
A lot do like he does.
Look they are mocking me again.
Should I defend the true meaning.
Instead of worrying where my next pay check comes from.
The question pride versus a way of life, a way of life.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failing To Sell Myself (Revised) by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen