Ace Of Black Hearts
Pucker up to the voices in my head.
Goodbye with a needle and thread.
I can not buy anymore time.
Another charity case defaced.
What if I'm just masquerading in the illusion of chardonnay.
So giddy galloping to ride that preposterous little pink and purple horsey.
Really, truthfully, honestly.
Every second I reach a new descent
But he so persistent, how could it all be a lie.
A fabrication knee high.
Did anybody bring there waders.
Hey by the way watch out for them those alligators.
Jaws clenched so tight not out of fear, oh dear, but instead exhaustion from the distance that must be still traveled.
On cold nights shivering and drinking my self into non existence.
How can I explain it any better.
The opportunity of lifetime left me high and dry.
Memories to subside.
In room full of doctors and no one can deny the diagnoses.
Mentally abrasive, feeling like I'm forever on both the run and hunt.
Chasing the contagion, it has infected me, it never had to even get close.
Sitting with friends at a pig roast.
Wish that could be me, wish I could just be happy.
But instead I sink in black hole from there is no return.
No energy to speak of.
No valid reason why.
Excuses are just paper to burn to keep the fire going a little longer.
I need purpose, I need a stone to throw.
On the move to where to I just don't know.
I just don't know.
I just don't know.
The words stuck on repeat.
Slowly my body is becoming so depleted, so empty.
Being bled dry from that which you can't see.
Even the invisible vampire has it needs.
Servitude to upcoming angels I do sing.
God they are so pretty.
I can already see them.
With there heavenly glow.
They will take me soon.
To a place where my dying heart can finally settle.
The coffee kettle has gotten so cold.
Still as bitter as when it was hot.
But it leaves something to be desired.
Hands thrown on a live wire.
Give me life, give me something.
Because right now all I do is rust.
Slowly wearing down and away.
Upon the grinding wheel until there is no edge left to sharpen.
Is this disaster all in my head?
Or is there something more to be said?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failing Bridge by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland