The stilled heart grows turbulent.
A love-storm is churning
If I were strong of will,
I would stall the recurrent blood tide;
I would be rock
And petrify my inner eye,
As a sightless Grecian bust.
But now I see
Those undecoded eyes
That cannot speak to me
Except as pulsars.
Ananta Madhavan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failed Romantic by Ananta Madhavan )
Did you read them?
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)