Salvadore Ponce De Leon
Sitting on the train, I see a girl, I’d seen a thousand times before.
Memories flutter past.
In my mind I see vanishing photos of a time come to pass.
There she was, the heroine of my desperate dreams.
My lonesome thoughts, projections of my broken heart.
I still love you,
In my hours of weakness how, I stir to kiss the scent of you.
You're my first love, I pray you're not my last.
I love you, I wished you loved me to.
I try to shake these thoughts, but alas I can't consume myself with fading memories.
Goodbye my love. I pray that you have just one silent thought about me.
That I wasn't just a faded photograph of time
That filled a gap in your life.
Oh please. Oh please. Oh please. Please have a tinge of regret my lost sweetheart.
Salvadore Ponce de Leon
Salvadore Ponce De Leon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fading Photographs by Salvadore Ponce De Leon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crumbling, Violet Winters
- Identity - love, gajanan mishra
- Sunflowers, Donal Mahoney
- de clichés, co the skipper
- Lynda's Lover-1, Neela Nath
- As darkness falls, Danielle Dessels
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -75, Ronjoy Brahma
- zoveel stuckken, zoveel vragen een puzze.., co the skipper
- DEPENDING ON ME, Satish Verma
- Happiness, Danielle Dessels