Salvadore Ponce De Leon
Sitting on the train, I see a girl, I’d seen a thousand times before.
Memories flutter past.
In my mind I see vanishing photos of a time come to pass.
There she was, the heroine of my desperate dreams.
My lonesome thoughts, projections of my broken heart.
I still love you,
In my hours of weakness how, I stir to kiss the scent of you.
You're my first love, I pray you're not my last.
I love you, I wished you loved me to.
I try to shake these thoughts, but alas I can't consume myself with fading memories.
Goodbye my love. I pray that you have just one silent thought about me.
That I wasn't just a faded photograph of time
That filled a gap in your life.
Oh please. Oh please. Oh please. Please have a tinge of regret my lost sweetheart.
Salvadore Ponce de Leon
Salvadore Ponce De Leon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fading Photographs by Salvadore Ponce De Leon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa