Salvadore Ponce De Leon
Sitting on the train, I see a girl, I’d seen a thousand times before.
Memories flutter past.
In my mind I see vanishing photos of a time come to pass.
There she was, the heroine of my desperate dreams.
My lonesome thoughts, projections of my broken heart.
I still love you,
In my hours of weakness how, I stir to kiss the scent of you.
You're my first love, I pray you're not my last.
I love you, I wished you loved me to.
I try to shake these thoughts, but alas I can't consume myself with fading memories.
Goodbye my love. I pray that you have just one silent thought about me.
That I wasn't just a faded photograph of time
That filled a gap in your life.
Oh please. Oh please. Oh please. Please have a tinge of regret my lost sweetheart.
Salvadore Ponce de Leon
Salvadore Ponce De Leon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fading Photographs by Salvadore Ponce De Leon )
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
- In The Theatre of Life; In The Theatre o.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)