Ace Of Black Hearts
Facing A Train Head On Coming At Full Speed.
Running straight towards the mighty freight train.
I wonder if I will survive.
Not my first encounter.
But hopefully the last.
Blasted, wasted, obliterated.
This is your creation.
The art of breaking.
Scars, reopened just to feel.
A video on repeat.
My hearts folding.
Time to just pack up.
Time to leave it alone.
Somethings just don't work out.
Sometimes I just care too much.
I should have known.
Your were better off to go home all alone.
I can't help you.
For I can't even fix myself.
There is no us, there never was.
Not even in the best planned dreams.
I take my coffee black now.
No sugar or cream.
It is to wake me up.
Days not so long, but so far gone.
In outer space.
I've always walked a tight line.
On the edge.
A balancing act.
And there is no looking back.
A breath of fresh air.
The senses are not what they once were.
My mind is a leaking broken pen.
The pain will never end.
A dull echo.
Harboring words that have little meaning anymore.
Grudges dead and dormant.
I'm not angry, I just want to be happy.
Is that really so much to ask?
A prayer unanswered.
No cure to this cancer.
The hollowed out tree.
Maybe it is time to plant a new seed.
One in better soil, in a better environment.
Fortune engraved on my tombstone.
I have nothing and I will leave with even less.
This is not to impress.
It is the way it is.
Shoveling manure for my entire life.
Eating the scraping off the walls.
Hunger is always on call.
Ready and waiting.
I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
Only If I had it that easy.
Probably would give it all away anyways.
Because if it isn't earned it's not honest.
This life for the next.
A wave to the passerby.
A rope to come untwined.
Worn out from over use.
Who was it all?
How many names?
Can you even fit them in a library catalog?
Keeping order of chaos.
When it serves no real purpose.
Let this be the last, the very last.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Facing A Train Head On Coming At Full Speed. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland