John Carter Brown
Is there anything at all that's new on Facebook?
I've not been on for, Oh at least ten sec's;
Please let me know the latest if you will, 'cos
I think I've gone and lost my flamin' spec's.
I know that I could magnify the picture,
That is if I could see which key to press;
What's happening, I must know, I'm getting desperate?
The time is flying by and I'm a mess.
(My heart goes out to all who haven't signed up,
What do they do all day, I'd like to know?
There's nothing in the world that's more important
Than news from Fred and Tom and Bill and Joe.)
I used to have a lot of little hobbies,
I painted, and was learning how to play
The old Joanna, and the set of drums that
My wife kept threatening to throw away.
But Facebook now is all the world I need, and
Regardless of the cost, I'll clear the decks
Of all I used to do, my many pastimes,
At least I will if I can find my spec's.
(Written Aug 2013)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Facebookland by John Carter Brown )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Why Am I? ....., Michael P. McParland
- Your Hate, Michael P. McParland
- Lump, Michael P. McParland
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu