John Carter Brown
Is there anything at all that's new on Facebook?
I've not been on for, Oh at least ten sec's;
Please let me know the latest if you will, 'cos
I think I've gone and lost my flamin' spec's.
I know that I could magnify the picture,
That is if I could see which key to press;
What's happening, I must know, I'm getting desperate?
The time is flying by and I'm a mess.
(My heart goes out to all who haven't signed up,
What do they do all day, I'd like to know?
There's nothing in the world that's more important
Than news from Fred and Tom and Bill and Joe.)
I used to have a lot of little hobbies,
I painted, and was learning how to play
The old Joanna, and the set of drums that
My wife kept threatening to throw away.
But Facebook now is all the world I need, and
Regardless of the cost, I'll clear the decks
Of all I used to do, my many pastimes,
At least I will if I can find my spec's.
(Written Aug 2013)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Facebookland by John Carter Brown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- April fool, lee fones
- Half My Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- H.G Well's Folly, Ronald Chapman
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley