John Carter Brown
Is there anything at all that's new on Facebook?
I've not been on for, Oh at least ten sec's;
Please let me know the latest if you will, 'cos
I think I've gone and lost my flamin' spec's.
I know that I could magnify the picture,
That is if I could see which key to press;
What's happening, I must know, I'm getting desperate?
The time is flying by and I'm a mess.
(My heart goes out to all who haven't signed up,
What do they do all day, I'd like to know?
There's nothing in the world that's more important
Than news from Fred and Tom and Bill and Joe.)
I used to have a lot of little hobbies,
I painted, and was learning how to play
The old Joanna, and the set of drums that
My wife kept threatening to throw away.
But Facebook now is all the world I need, and
Regardless of the cost, I'll clear the decks
Of all I used to do, my many pastimes,
At least I will if I can find my spec's.
(Written Aug 2013)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Facebookland by John Carter Brown )
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery