Face Without a Face
The start of the game,
He knew what must be done.
To collect the eight was the quest.
Knowing where they were,
The crazed person ran to them.
The first was in a bath
Of tiled walls,
And a chair.
Wait, wasn’t that chair over there?
Finding the first,
A deep bass noise sounded.
He thought to himself.
Headed for the second one,
The person became lost.
Frantically looking for a familiar tree,
Or rock he scrambled.
Finally he spotted the cross walls.
Wondering how he got there.
This had been the last spot of the map.
Looking he found the second note.
More bass sounded
As he left.
Coming across the large rocks.
He now knew where he was
And what must be done.
He searched around the rocks,
But found nothing.
Disappointment filled him
But time was running out
And he went on.
Walking, his vision turned
To a mist of snow.
The hour had come for the end.
The evil is very close now.
He sprinted forward,
And outmaneuver the evil
For then and continued.
But he became lost again
And did not know where he was.
Frustrated by this turn in events
He sprinted forth.
Unknowingly where anything was.
Finally a tree.
A tree of fear and torture
Came into view.
Heading towards it
The music picked up tempo.
Finding the third note
He proceeded to leave.
Turning, a suite of darkness.
No wait, a face of whiteness.
A face without a face,
Watched, looked, stared
Right at him.
His sight turned to snow.
The end was there for him.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Without a Face by Thaddeus Yoder )
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
- / Ek Burkhawalli She Pyar-mohabbat/ Ek P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)