t was cold, but not as cold as you. Rain blanketed my jacket as layered as my son in the same room. I saw the wine bottle empty giving me the indication he definitely had a shot. You laughed, eyes glazed as doughnuts as he undressed you and licked you like ice cream. My son rolled over, away from the nightmare taking place north of him as you went south.
I saw how you bit his ear and scratched him deep. You told me he was just a thirsty guy, but apparently you were just as hungry. The screams... the loud moans... the rolling into different positions cringing on and on... I'm gone.
Finally he flips you and I slide in the window. He's pounding deep but not as fast as my heart. My tears overtake me but I manage to keep quiet. I grab my son and I leave. I hope you enjoy.
I played the hand you gave me. You can't say I cheated because I caught my diamond in the rough red handed with someone she went to the club with. My heart is heavier than my burdens but at least it's not a spade like yours. He's your king now. Have fun with that joker. Game over...
You may wonder what we could have been but that is one card I will leave just like I left you... face down.
Rowdy Solomon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Down by Rowdy Solomon )
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)