t was cold, but not as cold as you. Rain blanketed my jacket as layered as my son in the same room. I saw the wine bottle empty giving me the indication he definitely had a shot. You laughed, eyes glazed as doughnuts as he undressed you and licked you like ice cream. My son rolled over, away from the nightmare taking place north of him as you went south.
I saw how you bit his ear and scratched him deep. You told me he was just a thirsty guy, but apparently you were just as hungry. The screams... the loud moans... the rolling into different positions cringing on and on... I'm gone.
Finally he flips you and I slide in the window. He's pounding deep but not as fast as my heart. My tears overtake me but I manage to keep quiet. I grab my son and I leave. I hope you enjoy.
I played the hand you gave me. You can't say I cheated because I caught my diamond in the rough red handed with someone she went to the club with. My heart is heavier than my burdens but at least it's not a spade like yours. He's your king now. Have fun with that joker. Game over...
You may wonder what we could have been but that is one card I will leave just like I left you... face down.
Rowdy Solomon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Down by Rowdy Solomon )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland
- Stars, Jordan Myrie
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland