t was cold, but not as cold as you. Rain blanketed my jacket as layered as my son in the same room. I saw the wine bottle empty giving me the indication he definitely had a shot. You laughed, eyes glazed as doughnuts as he undressed you and licked you like ice cream. My son rolled over, away from the nightmare taking place north of him as you went south.
I saw how you bit his ear and scratched him deep. You told me he was just a thirsty guy, but apparently you were just as hungry. The screams... the loud moans... the rolling into different positions cringing on and on... I'm gone.
Finally he flips you and I slide in the window. He's pounding deep but not as fast as my heart. My tears overtake me but I manage to keep quiet. I grab my son and I leave. I hope you enjoy.
I played the hand you gave me. You can't say I cheated because I caught my diamond in the rough red handed with someone she went to the club with. My heart is heavier than my burdens but at least it's not a spade like yours. He's your king now. Have fun with that joker. Game over...
You may wonder what we could have been but that is one card I will leave just like I left you... face down.
Rowdy Solomon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Down by Rowdy Solomon )
- BY kind heart, hasmukh amathalal
- Going Camping, Von Kimball Barney
- Word from stone, hasmukh amathalal
- Beauty incarnate, Erato
- Invent a new God, gajanan mishra
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 1), Erato
- Decision, Marc Prince
- Flowers come up, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart Beat., David Kiriga
- Rules, Marc Prince
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)