t was cold, but not as cold as you. Rain blanketed my jacket as layered as my son in the same room. I saw the wine bottle empty giving me the indication he definitely had a shot. You laughed, eyes glazed as doughnuts as he undressed you and licked you like ice cream. My son rolled over, away from the nightmare taking place north of him as you went south.
I saw how you bit his ear and scratched him deep. You told me he was just a thirsty guy, but apparently you were just as hungry. The screams... the loud moans... the rolling into different positions cringing on and on... I'm gone.
Finally he flips you and I slide in the window. He's pounding deep but not as fast as my heart. My tears overtake me but I manage to keep quiet. I grab my son and I leave. I hope you enjoy.
I played the hand you gave me. You can't say I cheated because I caught my diamond in the rough red handed with someone she went to the club with. My heart is heavier than my burdens but at least it's not a spade like yours. He's your king now. Have fun with that joker. Game over...
You may wonder what we could have been but that is one card I will leave just like I left you... face down.
Rowdy Solomon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Face Down by Rowdy Solomon )
- End in desert, hasmukh amathalal
- The Tears That You Cried, Spiritwind Wood
- Brittany Brit, Eve Carter
- My Saviour, Leong Ming Loong
- The Rain Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Angels Sing Their Sweetest Song, Eve Carter
- The Amateur Writer, Leong Ming Loong
- Devotion, Shabeeh Haider
- someone! !, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Picture of Reindeers, Eve Carter
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
- Little Abigail and the Beautiful Pony, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)