Fables of CharlaX
Truancy was the problem for the General Police the task force was taking surveillance of the children in the world loose from schools at much too much an age so young to be locked up to have any fun on streets so tough. The use of drugs just cigarettes is up the money comes from illicit sex and theft just petty theft can be a problem to the poor. When a wallet leaves the pocket it becomes the community property of gangs. They usually toss the identification away. They have no reason to keep anything except the money. Some more sophisticated groups will use the credit cards but most children are only after wine beer and smoke and cash is there quick fix. The police van eye noticed in the back was at least two errant children there taken under guard to some detention center eye suppose they were handcuffed and treated like any other criminals hopefully there parents want them back at home.
In 1963 milk for students was 6 cents.
It jumped from a nickel one day to 7 cents but eye got mine for a long time for 6 because eye am cute. Wait it was just a nickel then eye just realized eye have been robbed they was stealing all them pennies and hoarding them telling me eye was cute to get the goods.
Eye the yew used to place the dimes in the march of dimes book the coins was then taken from us once eye had a Quarter collection someone stole it. Eye am sure it was the police or the Sheriff.
Eye put money in the envelopes at the Methodist Church but it never made me wealthy in fact it seemed the wrong thing to do they took it and kept it no one ever got it back.
Once when eye was trying to stay sober eye went camping with a dollar in my wallet and kept it even when eye went in swimming and the dollar never got wet and if it ever got wet then eye dried it on a rock wall to make it good again but eye was from a small town and money was hard to find.
Charles Hice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fable Tenth by Charles Hice )
- DESIGNED BY GOD, Subbaraman N V
- I am a spoil, Naveed Khalid
- Nursery rhyme - Dynosaur, S.D. TIWARI
- The darkness, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning