Eyewitness to shooting that could have been me
My brother Junior didn’t remember
what happened last weekend
when he first opened the front door
Omero and Charley entered in
with drunken laughter
talking about Janie’s
hot cousin from Kenosha
Not aware that an ambush
was awaiting them
above loud voices
in a grimy crowded kitchen
spindly card table overturns
green money and yellow screams
fly about as
dark fists race angry faces
for the best angle
not aimed at anyone
Charly is stuck in the way
His brown eye
on his shirt
on the floor
underneath the sunglasses
left on the carpet
Poet Other Poems
- A “Z” is more then the last letter of th...
- Assasination Day
- Baby in the bathwater
- B-I-N-G-O is not a four letter word
- College wrestling my freshmen year
- Courage is setting yourself free
- Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a h...
- Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
- Divorce is one of the easier reasons to ...
- Eightyfive pound Racine Junior High Scho...
- Electronic Touching
- Eyewitness to shooting that could have b...
- Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...) by Oscar Mireles )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley