Eyes of the Wolf
By Micah Krahn
Soft grey icy snowflakes chilled the thick white frost as the stormy unforgivably wind shrieked endlessly throughout the harsh nocturnal woodlands.
A cool blue glare glowing from behind the copper brown trees, descending from the dark into the silver-white moonlight.
A solitary wolf, disguised in her chameleon snowy velvety hoary coat she coverts into the woods, silently stalking her prey, her cool blue eyes ensnare her quarry with a lightning-quick relentless perplexing glare.
Frozen in fear her prey springs into flight, punitive snapping and crackling of russet leaves atop the shivering silver hoarfrost are left in the wake of her ruthless chase on winter’s rigid floor.
Bone chilling howls send shivers up the frigidity rime, as the eyes of the wolf enchant her prey with inexorable ferociousness.
Battle cries sound, hope fades for her frantic prey, out of time. She howls a conquering feat, nothing is safe from the eyes of the wolf, and she will never let you forget that.
Micah Krahn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes of the Wolf by Micah Krahn )
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)