Your eyes are still the same,
They speak to me in soft whispers,
As they used to do, long ago..
I can once again, view the dreams
Pictured on them,
And my heart wishes to name
One for emotion and the other for eternity.
I still long for the solitary river
With its rippling waters
And the glowing sunshine making me wet
With passion ignited,
And thus, drown into the fantasy unlimited.
You know, it's not a delusion..
It's the truth that prevails allover,
And thereby I express my lust for you..
Wishing to softly kiss your tender lips
And explore through the unspoken words
Of your eyes, on and on…
I can touch the vibrant rainbow around me.
And suddenly, the splashes of vibgyor,
Gets me fully drenched with delight.
Thus, my once broken heart sinks again,
Into those fascinating eyes of yours,
And I find my new self, loving you once more!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes by Indranil Bhaduri )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra
- Beatific, Naveed Khalid
- Bed of lust, Gerald Obinna
- The Traveling Onion, Naomi Shihab Nye