...Save yourself, leave me...
Sorrow has clouded my fragile soul.
I can take this no more...
...My blood is yearning to be let out...
I stare at the silver edged blade.
It coos to me...wishing to be sated.
I outstretch my arm... I cannot help but comply...
...Sea of red, pain from cold...
I watch eagerly as my own crimson flows.
Fast and loose, it escapes my body.
I stagger to look at the blade.
Wreathed in crimson, it glints a smile...
...Forever shall it flow, free of me...
I sit wearied, staring at my arm.
Deep red in the centre, lightened upon out.
I lean over to the floor and gaze.
Crimson shed onto the floor, slowly widening...
...I am becoming free, but not too soon...
I cannot remain, I drop the blade to the reddened floor.
I sit back and wait... my heart lapses.
Death finally comes... he clasps my hand, and depart...
...'You shan't wait for long'...
'I am sorry my son, the Lord forbids it.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extinguished by Morgan Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I'd pluck as stars for flowers, Mark Heathcote
- A necessity, gajanan mishra
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Let world be aware, hasmukh amathalal