...Save yourself, leave me...
Sorrow has clouded my fragile soul.
I can take this no more...
...My blood is yearning to be let out...
I stare at the silver edged blade.
It coos to me...wishing to be sated.
I outstretch my arm... I cannot help but comply...
...Sea of red, pain from cold...
I watch eagerly as my own crimson flows.
Fast and loose, it escapes my body.
I stagger to look at the blade.
Wreathed in crimson, it glints a smile...
...Forever shall it flow, free of me...
I sit wearied, staring at my arm.
Deep red in the centre, lightened upon out.
I lean over to the floor and gaze.
Crimson shed onto the floor, slowly widening...
...I am becoming free, but not too soon...
I cannot remain, I drop the blade to the reddened floor.
I sit back and wait... my heart lapses.
Death finally comes... he clasps my hand, and depart...
...'You shan't wait for long'...
'I am sorry my son, the Lord forbids it.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extinguished by Morgan Siegel )
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)