...Save yourself, leave me...
Sorrow has clouded my fragile soul.
I can take this no more...
...My blood is yearning to be let out...
I stare at the silver edged blade.
It coos to me...wishing to be sated.
I outstretch my arm... I cannot help but comply...
...Sea of red, pain from cold...
I watch eagerly as my own crimson flows.
Fast and loose, it escapes my body.
I stagger to look at the blade.
Wreathed in crimson, it glints a smile...
...Forever shall it flow, free of me...
I sit wearied, staring at my arm.
Deep red in the centre, lightened upon out.
I lean over to the floor and gaze.
Crimson shed onto the floor, slowly widening...
...I am becoming free, but not too soon...
I cannot remain, I drop the blade to the reddened floor.
I sit back and wait... my heart lapses.
Death finally comes... he clasps my hand, and depart...
...'You shan't wait for long'...
'I am sorry my son, the Lord forbids it.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extinguished by Morgan Siegel )
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Manhattan Kindergarten, Saiom Shriver
- inks run out, lee fones
- Oh! Divinity, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns