...Save yourself, leave me...
Sorrow has clouded my fragile soul.
I can take this no more...
...My blood is yearning to be let out...
I stare at the silver edged blade.
It coos to me...wishing to be sated.
I outstretch my arm... I cannot help but comply...
...Sea of red, pain from cold...
I watch eagerly as my own crimson flows.
Fast and loose, it escapes my body.
I stagger to look at the blade.
Wreathed in crimson, it glints a smile...
...Forever shall it flow, free of me...
I sit wearied, staring at my arm.
Deep red in the centre, lightened upon out.
I lean over to the floor and gaze.
Crimson shed onto the floor, slowly widening...
...I am becoming free, but not too soon...
I cannot remain, I drop the blade to the reddened floor.
I sit back and wait... my heart lapses.
Death finally comes... he clasps my hand, and depart...
...'You shan't wait for long'...
'I am sorry my son, the Lord forbids it.'
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extinguished by Morgan Siegel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal