Exploring Happiness #32- Murphy's Law
Even in the best of lives
there will be times,
now and again, when
can go wrong
Such troublesome times
must be endured
with dignity, with courage,
and with the understanding that
(as Scarlet, so aptly
and so hopefully declared) ,
“Tomorrow is another day.”
June Stepansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Although Murphy’s Law may sound cynical, it is actually a very hopeful philosophy which subtly urges us to be prepared and to protect ourselves as much as possible(both financially and emotionally) for whatever difficult times might be ahead for us.
Understanding and accepting the unpredictability of living gives us the added strength we may need to cope with those unexpected events which might occur in the future.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“So much of life, it seems to me, is determined by pure randomness.”
Prevention is better than cure.
Comments about this poem (Exploring Happiness #32- Murphy's Law by June Stepansky )
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI