she is gentle-yet strong-meek yet bold.
she is a woman to behold.
she is a expectant mother as we can see.
waiting for her child to be set free.
sleepng in the fetal position-does'nt help her disposition.
feeling the kicks at home and at work
and thinking that all men are jerks.
she wonders about the nine months that she must go through.
if she will have the strength to survive
and if her husband will be by her side.
when she is in her chair at night
she sees her stomach as a glorious sight.
there is a child in her waiting to be fed
and does'nt want her to go to bed.
the baby wants to feel their mothers touch
and the soothing words that she speaks.
this is what they seek.
when it comes for the child to see the world.
for the first time and feels the cool air
they look for their mothers warmth to share.
the joy and pride that the expectant mother feels
is something that can't be concealed.
she will cry tears of joy and pain
and hopes her husband will do the same.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expectant Mother by louis rams )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)