she is gentle-yet strong-meek yet bold.
she is a woman to behold.
she is a expectant mother as we can see.
waiting for her child to be set free.
sleepng in the fetal position-does'nt help her disposition.
feeling the kicks at home and at work
and thinking that all men are jerks.
she wonders about the nine months that she must go through.
if she will have the strength to survive
and if her husband will be by her side.
when she is in her chair at night
she sees her stomach as a glorious sight.
there is a child in her waiting to be fed
and does'nt want her to go to bed.
the baby wants to feel their mothers touch
and the soothing words that she speaks.
this is what they seek.
when it comes for the child to see the world.
for the first time and feels the cool air
they look for their mothers warmth to share.
the joy and pride that the expectant mother feels
is something that can't be concealed.
she will cry tears of joy and pain
and hopes her husband will do the same.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expectant Mother by louis rams )
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)