nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
Flying every where,
Spreading all over the place,
Different is the town
From any site on earth,
It is very special indeed,
taught me to replace
Loving human beings
With loving sceneries
Of the countryside;
It made me
Change my view
About whom my
emotion should shower
A town never postpones love,
Or does not like to rush
It does not say hush
To the beats of the heart
And prefer to plan
Instead of reacting spontaneously
Exeter is a great teacher
Like my supervisor Ella,
Who taught me how to analyze accurately,
Exeter made me write poesy
Thou should be jealous from Exeter,
Not from a radio program;
From an interview
Made with me about
My book of poetry
Exeter took me away from thee
It erased my pain,
Cuddled my brain,
And here I am writing poetry again.
nadia abduljabbar's Other Poems
- A Highbrow Feast: Al Gefry, Al Azhry, Al...
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- Astounding ‘Alem’; Scholar Osama Alazhar...
- Astounding Osama Alazhary(2) : A Walkin...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.