There are times in my life
I feel I have been excommunicated.
I write to what I suppose are friends,
but never get a reply.
I telephone with similar results,
which leaves me thinking
what the hell is wrong with me?
I recently started a personal book
called my letters to the departed
in which I write to late friends
whom would have answered me
if they had not passed away.
My life has become a sad affair
with only blank paper to talk to.
I’ve always been a quiet man,
reserved in many ways,
but I’ve always tried to raise
a smile on every face I meet.
Loneliness has been my partner
ever since I was very young,
but never have I found out why?
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Excommunicated by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic
- Exit out, J.E. Deen
- Royal Orphan, George Egba
- A poem to my dead., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Crazy, lee fones
- ISIL: Think Again, Negotiate with Terror.., Rachel Nichols