One day is exalted beyond hope,
The names of the firmament are hidden;
Then we choose to expose them on a creature,
This same creation from God, who delves
Into mathematics and learning: his name is Man.
As far as life exists, this creature spins its tail
And makes a shape for himself in ways of death.
Much bigger is the tale he wishes for the other women
Who congratulate him fiercely from the fights.
A more plentiful treasure awaits the execution
Of love and hate, the basic natures of those who say.
To say is to feel, and to feel may be wise in front
Of afflictions, these depressing notions and beliefs.
One day we spark the light
And darkness ensues.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Exalted by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...