Everything Happens For A Reason
That's when he left me,
The day I spoke of life's weight
And called it certain destiny
Our actions and circumstances have all been foreseen
I said, though free will this does not abate;
that's when he left me
I said with fate we couldn't hope to intervene
(because against loss we've formed armored plate
And called it certain destiny) .
'Never pondered is the appropriate word ‘obscene'
When the truth of real experience you desecrate! ' -
That's when he left me.
Oh, has not everyone had to flee
The cause of any altered mental state
And called it certain destiny?
'Reasons that bring out faith are weak,
belonging to an ignorance which you create.'
That's when he left me
And called it 'certain destiny.'
Shelby Barker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Everything Happens For A Reason by Shelby Barker )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bijay Kant Dubey
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Indian Babas And Their Sex Scandals, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush