Everything Happens For A Reason
That's when he left me,
The day I spoke of life's weight
And called it certain destiny
Our actions and circumstances have all been foreseen
I said, though free will this does not abate;
that's when he left me
I said with fate we couldn't hope to intervene
(because against loss we've formed armored plate
And called it certain destiny) .
'Never pondered is the appropriate word ‘obscene'
When the truth of real experience you desecrate! ' -
That's when he left me.
Oh, has not everyone had to flee
The cause of any altered mental state
And called it certain destiny?
'Reasons that bring out faith are weak,
belonging to an ignorance which you create.'
That's when he left me
And called it 'certain destiny.'
Shelby Barker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Everything Happens For A Reason by Shelby Barker )
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan