Everything Happens For A Reason
That's when he left me,
The day I spoke of life's weight
And called it certain destiny
Our actions and circumstances have all been foreseen
I said, though free will this does not abate;
that's when he left me
I said with fate we couldn't hope to intervene
(because against loss we've formed armored plate
And called it certain destiny) .
'Never pondered is the appropriate word ‘obscene'
When the truth of real experience you desecrate! ' -
That's when he left me.
Oh, has not everyone had to flee
The cause of any altered mental state
And called it certain destiny?
'Reasons that bring out faith are weak,
belonging to an ignorance which you create.'
That's when he left me
And called it 'certain destiny.'
Shelby Barker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Everything Happens For A Reason by Shelby Barker )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Tick, tick, Aromantic Birds in Love, Harindhar Reddy
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [the round spoon], Chimako Tada
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [the hot water in], Chimako Tada
- Person of the Playful Star: Tanka [I lis.., Chimako Tada
- Love Whips You on Naked Back, Harindhar Reddy
- ~I'm Going Home~, E Nigma
- Smile poem love, Elius Rubby
- The Birds and the Fish Cry out in the Fa.., Harindhar Reddy
- Bad Grandpa, Tom Zart
- train my heart to rise like yeast and my.., Mandolyn ...