Everyone's Burdens I Shall Bare
News I can't completely handle,
News no one wants to hear.
The pressure pushes me down so far,
Crushing me under its mighty weight.
In the hospital we sat and waited,
In the hospital we got the news.
In the hospital is where she's at,
In the hospital is where she'll stay.
My coat sleeves wrapping around my neck,
Squeezing ever so slightly tighter.
I'm suffocating within its tight grasp,
I'll bare all you burdens,
No matter how it ends.
Natasha Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Everyone's Burdens I Shall Bare by Natasha Foster )
- Pen-Name, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Something still present, Tadasha Tripathy
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra