Every Day You Sought Me Out
You knocked upon the window of my chatbox,
Daily you sought me out,
Once, twice, three times four,
Day, afternoon and late into the evening,
We chatted our heads out...
We let our hearts open wide,
You blew chains off the fortress of my heart,
My heart was locked and guarded,
I promised myself, no one would ever touch it again,
And hot dam, you not only touched it
You took it a blew it to hell,
You owned it...you possesed it
My heart was true to you as per each stage we journied together
It did not falter when tempted,
It stayed tride and true, to you.
You left for fireworks and said you would be back later...
You forgot to say...how much later...
Having chatted daily, or every other day at the least...
Then suddenly, you dissappear...
And I am waiting for you...
And waiting some more....
And yet another day of waiting...
And worrying, and fretting...becoming scared you were in an accident,
OMG....what would I do? !
I wept over and over
I prayed a thousand humble prayers from the depth of my soul.
Then after a full week with no word,
You did not respond to my email.
You did not respond to my messages...
You deleted my Birthday greeting from your wall.....
And you leave me abandoned,
Wondering what did I do to deserve you shutting down?
Totally my heart is aching,
My mind is spinning,
I deserve an explanation
You are not a ten year old
You are a grown man...
Man up and talk to me for the Love of the very God you profess to!
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Oh Lord God please kill me off
............................ Cambridge Keenan...July 11...2013
Comments about this poem (Every Day You Sought Me Out by Cambridge Keenan )
- L.Messi 오피뷰 광교오피 KTwiz 사당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- Fruit Cocktail in Light Syrup, Amy Gerstler
- Racism, Kenneth Maswabi
- Idling mind., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Using Both Sides Of A Brain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hakuna matata, Luv Artem
- Silent Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Continuing Inspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, Three letters - 1- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- last trail, Vian Sabri
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)