Every Creature Dies Alone
Don't get attached to anything,
For in the end it'll go away,
Things that make you cry or sing,
Nothing good or bad will stay.
The person that you love the most,
The one you show much care,
Will disappear just like a ghost
Who was really never there.
Material things and feelings too
Will leave you in the end,
Everything, this is true,
Even your best friend.
So what's the point of living life,
If alone we die,
What's the point of so much strife,
Please tell me why.
What's the point of happiness,
If nothing takes its place,
What's the point of frowning less
And smiling at your face.
For in the end nothing matters,
Not people, emotions, sticks or stones,
Even our memories seem to scatter,
For Every Creature Dies Alone.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Every Creature Dies Alone by Matt Reyes )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense
- Longing., Jak Black
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.