Matt Reyes (11-29-90 / Midland, Tx)
Every Creature Dies Alone
Don't get attached to anything,
For in the end it'll go away,
Things that make you cry or sing,
Nothing good or bad will stay.
The person that you love the most,
The one you show much care,
Will disappear just like a ghost
Who was really never there.
Material things and feelings too
Will leave you in the end,
Everything, this is true,
Even your best friend.
So what's the point of living life,
If alone we die,
What's the point of so much strife,
Please tell me why.
What's the point of happiness,
If nothing takes its place,
What's the point of frowning less
And smiling at your face.
For in the end nothing matters,
Not people, emotions, sticks or stones,
Even our memories seem to scatter,
For Every Creature Dies Alone.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
- A Confession of Love
- A Hidden Message
- A Hidden Message With A Kiss
- A Hidden Message With A Question
- Broken Wings
- Every Creature Dies Alone
- Explosion coupled with Self-Destruction
- For My Heart Belongs To You
- I Just Want to Dance With You
- I Want
- I Will Only Belong To You
- Love is a Complicated Thing, Isn't it?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.