It was a Wedding everyone had been looking toward
When a week before the Wedding the groom got floored
He broke his leg falling from a roofer's ladder
He and his bride-to-be could not have been sadder.
To the emergency room for endless hours of waiting
All the while the angst groom himself was berating
It was medically decided surgery would be needed
To the Orthopedic Doc bride and groom conceded.
Surgery completed, a full leg cast was applied
The disappointed bride bitterly cried
How was her Wedding going down the toilet?
Could her Fiance be trying to foil it?
Within the week he was bounding about,
Mastering crutches they let out a shout!
The Wedding did take place nearly as they planned;
At the reception the musicians struck up the band.
When all ten Bridesmaids and Groomsmen were announced
Each couple emerged to the howling of exuberant laughter
As one by one ten men on crutches sprightly bounced
The volume of jocular sound hit the rafter,
A fun-filled memory to last ever after.
Carmela Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ever After by Carmela Patterson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Poem of the Day
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray