Mel (Carmela) Patterson
It was a Wedding everyone had been looking toward
When a week before the Wedding the groom got floored
He broke his leg falling from a roofer's ladder
He and his bride-to-be could not have been sadder.
To the emergency room for endless hours of waiting
All the while the angst groom himself was berating
It was medically decided surgery would be needed
To the Orthopedic Doc bride and groom conceded.
Surgery completed, a full leg cast was applied
The disappointed bride bitterly cried
How was her Wedding going down the toilet?
Could her Fiance be trying to foil it?
Within the week he was bounding about,
Mastering crutches they let out a shout!
The Wedding did take place nearly as they planned;
At the reception the musicians struck up the band.
When all ten Bridesmaids and Groomsmen were announced
Each couple emerged to the howling of exuberant laughter
As one by one ten men on crutches sprightly bounced
The volume of jocular sound hit the rafter,
A fun-filled memory to last ever after.
Mel (Carmela) Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ever After by Mel (Carmela) Patterson )
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns