Event Attained - Eve Enter_tained An die Freude from Night Before 1092 Current Version
Drear night before was stark, austere, marked morrow darker might appear,
and yet, and yet, could shadows pass, joy metamorphosing life at last?
Sore night before saw stress bled lead, from bed to dread from dread to bed,
clouds pillow-billowed overcast, light overhead fled fleet and fast.
Flawed night before, reared insincere head ugly, no dream-future clear
could lighten load, elastoplast afford drear hide-bound mind repast.
The night before was long and wear, as faulty as a salty tear,
as fear tear followed, which aghast grieves universe, Earth’s girth surpassed.
No joy. Night fled where nowhere led, no motive true to stay ahead,
as eve grieve sped spread former care, another horror scope forecast.
Now night before’s forgot! Instead to joy sublime time's rhyme chime’s wed,
to trophy rich which at long last plays switch stitch lines, may from cold blast
defend end chill, will lend to head, heart strings resprung, soul whole, sheet spread.
Yet don’t forget such sharp contrast between what followed and the past
so precious seems that outline here might make Gods jealous, so we'll steer
from tale few read truth unsurpassed, let each judge joy through insight vast.
(19 March 2005 revised 6 December 2006 and 4 May 2013)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Event Attained - Eve Enter_tained An die Freude from Night Before 1092 Current Version by Jonathan ROBIN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Prayer To Mother Nature., Marcondes Pereira
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu
- A Glowing Morning, Rohit Sapra
- सबका चहेता तो रहा हूँ sabka chahetaa, hasmukh amathalal
- A moment (Rubliw), Gert Strydom