While on a journey I asked not for, I need The Lord so much more,
Trusting in God, I am resolved, especially with my family involved,
Through all of the trials and strife, this journey produces in my life,
True peace only God can afford, so I must trust in Christ, my Lord.
As things do appear to darken, the Truth from God I must hearken,
Not allowing any circumstance, to move me like a wave of chance,
But staying steadfast in the arms, through all the mounting alarms,
In The Everlasting Arms of God, as Christ leads with staff and rod.
I must trust in God’s Sovereignty, as God leads me and my family,
With the future shrouded by a veil, God’s plans for us shall prevail,
If God’s ways seem to be a mystery, in Christ there is consistency,
As the times now get far less clear, I cannot allow my heart to fear.
I must trust God and His Word, Whose Truth is not simply inferred,
But promises that we can receive, in trials that we’d never conceive,
This, as darker tests become our lot, whether we understand or not,
We’re still in God’s sovereign hand, even when we don’t understand.
Even if the cancer would take my life, God will take care of my wife,
While I meet my Lord in eternity, on earth God will uphold my family,
Until God’s Promise to all of us, believers in The Lord, Christ Jesus,
One day, again we will be together, in Eternity with The Lord forever.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Even After by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- THE 4 STAGES OF YOUR CHILDREN'S LOVE, Beryl Dov
- SEARCH FOR PASSION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the top of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- HONESTY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the p of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- FRIENDS VS. ENEMIES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov