So here lies my hopes and dreams.
Of all the hopes I had could ever be.
Tossed away in a useless heap.
All that's left is to shudder and weep.
I tried so hard, I tried so long.
When and where did it go so desperately wrong?
No communication preventing unification.
I must pronounce this adventure at an end.
I wonder what will come of us.
Does the bitterness for me turn to hatred ten times plus?
I get so tense,
I get so mad,
but in the end I just feel truly sad.
The love we had,
the trust we shared.
Now I'm cold and weak,
so very scared.
I mourn this loss,
this death of me so close to you.
A eulogy now to rightly fit.
The final piece in this tragic bit.
We loved, we laughed.
From time to time we had a few massive clash.
Overall it was the best.
Always comforting to know you were my best.
I'll always remember your long dark hair.
The most beautiful smile, your precious stare.
Well good bye my love,
what will I do?
Till the end of time I'll dream of you.
I love you sweet your heart is pure,
I just wish I'd done alright by you.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eulogy by Michael McParland )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns