I praise the One who forgave my debt,
For my future needs He already met.
Once and for all upon a Mount,
Love poured forth like a fount.
One life for the world was the cost,
And so a Shepherd came for the lost.
When He said 'It is finished.',
Love for the world soon diminished.
The path is set before me,
As far as I can see.
Blood paid the tolls I cross for free,
To pave the way to eternity.
I cannot wait 'til that day,
When I hear Him say,
'Faithful servant welcome home.'
I will realize I was never alone.
And weeping in my Father's embrace,
I'll finally see my Saviors face.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eternity by Andrew Hinton )
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe