The Eta Aquarids do be
Yearly meteor shower show,
April and May nightly to see
As through the heavens Earth does go.
From Halley's Comet, a spin off
From the Comet's trip by the Sun,
Leaving a trail of Comet cough,
Passed through by the Earth's orbit run.
The blazing light show does appear
As the Aquarids' pieces smash
Into Earth's upper atmoshere,
And burn up brightly in a flash.
Halley's Comet's reminding track,
'It will take time but I'll be back.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eta Aquarids by Ima Ryma )
- My Earth, Phil Soar
- Substituting for Another Teacher, Pierre Lien
- Describe, Aparna Chatterjee
- Unfringe A Singaporean Poem (Nonconform.., Merton Lee
- Quizz with broad hints for blind poets, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Hijab, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Wet Casements, John Ashbery
- The Work, Allen Grossman
- Eideolon, Book 3, Section 7, H. D.
- The winter of forever, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)