Why the dream is too far away from reality?
Why the reality of life is so bitter?
Why one want to run away from life?
Why my life looks so beautiful to others
That everyone want to live?
Is the way I present myself
Before others to make one feel jealous.
May be I myself responsible for unhappiness in it..
I believed in trust rather than in love..
Which didn't go my way
So, I am not happy in life.
I may be of dreaming of someone else life
So beautiful it looks from outside
But inside may be a hollow
They may be having more trust than love.
Heaven for one person is
Hell for another person.
Its not necessary trust and love is balanced well in life.
Some life look so romantic but there may be no trust.
Others not happy because no romance in life.
I forgot myself in this dreamy world
Of love and trust,
For the time being.
I made an escape from real world
As they were never ready to listen to my hurting voice in real life.
That's why I love dreamy world
Cause there is no pain..
So, I don't want to go the reality of life!
I just want to dream only but don't want to do anything.
This means Escapism from life or reality
Do I want to live in dream always?
Then why am searching for happiness in dreams only.
Why am I not taking an effort to convert my dream into reality?
Running away from life is Escapism.....
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Escapism? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
- Like Fallen Gods, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns